Imagine an environment free from gravity, strain, tension, or pain… a place where you can float effortlessly without distractions or unwanted noise.
True REST® (Restricted Environmental Stimulus Therapy) is a zero gravity environment that allows the mind and body to… truly rest. The buoyancy in the pod makes floating on water feel like floating on air. Without any effort you can relieve pain, heal faster, relax, de-stress, improve sleep and find your zen in the ultimate antigravity experience!
Benefits of Float Therapy & True REST®?
Getting rid of all sensory input allows the ‘constantly-make-sure-you’re-not-dying’ part of your brain to chill out for a second, allowing the creative, relaxed part of your brain to come out and play. Without the constant pressure of analyzing the world around you, your body calms your stress response, all while elevating your “happy hormones” and hitting you with a holistic high! Beyond this (which is awesome on its own), floating comes with a multitude of incredible benefits (physical, mental & spiritual):
Your 1st Float!
Though the act of floating is effortless, we have some guidelines + suggestions to ensure your 1st time (of many we’re sure) is blissful! Check out the Intro Video from True Rest (home of the Float Pod®) & read below to learn all you need to know about: how to prepare, the session itself, and your post float chill out options!
Relax. Breath. Smile. This time is for you!
And as you follow the steps below, get ready for healing, recovery + True REST.
Preparation: Before You Come & What to Bring
- 1st time floaters must fill our our Emerge Therapeutics Intake in addition to our New Client Liability Waiver (its the same document for massage & sauna sessions).
- New clients should arrive 15 minutes before their appointment time to get settled in, check our intro video and unwind in the relaxation room.
- Avoid shaving, tanning, waxing (or anything that would increase skin sensitivity) the day of your session. Vaseline is provided to cover small cuts or grazes to keep them from stinging.
- Be sure you’re not hungry, but don’t eat a giant meal before your float. You may just hear your belly while you’re floating!
- Hair color needs to be “set” before coming in to float (your shower water is running completely clear). Please reschedule if it is not.
- As much as we LOVE our coffee, we encourage clients to avoid caffeine for at least 4 hours before floating for the most relaxing *jittery free* experience.
- WHAT TO BRING: clothes that are easy to change in and out of, contact case and solution if you wear them, and that’s about it…
- WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU: earplugs (to keep the water out of your ears), Vaseline (to cover any cuts or scrapes), natural shampoo and body wash (pre & post float), conditioner (post float only), q-tips, towels, and everything else you will need for a blissful float session
The Float Session: From Start to Finish
- After a quick shower, you may enter your Float Pod which contains 10 inches of water with 1,000 lbs. of Epsom Salt dissolved inside.
- The lid of the pod is on hydraulic arms so you may leave it open to whatever degree you’d like – or simply pull it closed.
- Lie back onto the water. The buoyancy will effortlessly support you.
- Once your session has started, you will have control of the lights and the music from inside the Pod.
- To encourage relaxation, we offer 10 minutes of soothing music to start your session and gently wrap up your session with 5 minutes at the end.
- You’re more than welcome to bring your mp3 player (there’s an external dock on the Pod) to listen to language classes, guided meditation, or just your own tunes. You are in full control of the lights inside the tank. We recommend you turn them off to allow your brain to be completely free of sensory stimulus, but the choice is 100% yours.
- If you do turn the lights completely off, please don’t wave your (salt water laden) hand over your face to test the darkness. You’ll thank us later. In the event you do, or inadvertently touch your face, there is a spray bottle of fresh water inside the tank to rinse.
- Initially, it may feel awkward – trying to decide where to put your arms (the answer is wherever is most comfortable) or trying to hold your head up, just try to find a comfortable position and let the water support your body.
- Any pain or tension may feel more noticeable at the beginning of your float. This is normal as all other distractions have been removed from your surroundings. Breathe, relax, and know that all of it will slowly “float” away.
Post Float: Letting the Zen Linger
- As the music plays at the end of your float, allow yourself some gentle stretches to re-awake your body.
- Take a post-float shower to rinse the salt out of your hair and off your skin: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotions, and q-tips are provided for your comfort.
- We encourage all floaters to use our “Ether” relaxation room. Enjoy some tea, jot a note about your session in our guest journal, make notes for yourself, or simply let your brain slowly ease out of the floating zone.
- And if you’re still not ready to enter the “real world,” you may enjoy some of our other therapeutic wellness services: sauna, BioMat + AromaDome session, massage & more!
- Drink lots of water… and book your next float to keep the benefits culminating!
Questions About Floating?
Don’t worry, we get lots of them. Check out the FAQ for the ones we get most!
I’m Ready to FLOAT!
Floating is great on it’s own or in conjunction with a bunch of our other therapeutic services! Check out Therapeutics Packages & Rates Page for prices on single floats, packages, and combo sessions!